Archive for September, 2006
Added Features or Enhancements:
1. Adds language support for Czech, Hungarian, Polish and Turkish.
2. Adds the Volume Restriction feature (restrict player’s maximum playback volume).
3. Adds the Highly Rated and Yet To Be Rated options to your player’s DJ.
4. Improves DRM-protected file transfer latency.
5. Provides the Zoom To Full option to crop a video and play back the video in full screen and while maintaining the aspect ratio.
6. Supports Creative ZEN Vision:M Docking Station and Creative PlayDock® Z500/Cambridge Soundworks® PlayDock ZEN.Fixes:
1. Ensures proper video aspect ratio when playing back using the Video Out jack.
2. Improves the battery’s charging functionality.
The newly released ZEN Vision W is getting a lot of positive buzz around the net. It seems like Creative really got things right this time around, fixing problems such as the original Vision’s viewing angles. Cnet Asia got their hands on one and were pleased enough to give it their Editors’ Choice Award. For those that were concerned about the battery life, it seems this player surpasses the rated times. Cnet managed to get 18.5 hours for audio and 5 hours worth of video (vs 13 and 4.5 hours rated respectively)
The good: Great battery life for video playback; good audio fidelity; widescreen display; vibrant colors; organic UI.
The bad: Thicker than the original; no TV recording; only a mono speaker.
The bottom line: The ZEN Vision W is an excellent improvement over the ZEN Vision. Though it missed improving certain features, its beguiling screen, GUI and battery life won us over.
Score: 8.0/10 – Editors Choice Award
Yesterday, I took a picture of a yet-to-be released Creative ZEN Vision: M / V Plus PlayDock Z500 speakers which was featured on their COMEX brochure and posted it on a Creative fan site (yes, Creative has fan sites). And to my surprise, two other reputable technology sites carried the news with my photo.